The rehabilitation of soldiers who took part in the Anti-terrorist Operation (The Operation of United Forces) in Ukraine: social and psychological aspects
AbstractIn this article were analyzed social and psychological aspects of rehabilitation of the soldiers who took part in the Anti-Terrorist Operation (The Operation of United Forces) in Ukraine. It is determined that, despite of increasing of Ukrainian and foreign research, which are devoted to issues of rehabilitation of veterans, a rehabilitation process is not developed enough in the case of gathering psychology and social work. Therefore, complete rehabilitation of this category of military without this improvement can be only situational and non-effective. The main purpose of this article is justifying social and psychological aspects of rehabilitation of the soldiers, who took part in the Anti-Terrorist Operation (The Operation of United Forces) in Ukraine. Namely, the basic goals of this research are: 1) to characterize the definition “rehabilitation” in psychological and methodological literature; 2) to determinate establishments and institutions which provide social and psychological services to militaries of the ATO (OUF) and summarize their activity. It is determined that during the rehabilitation process and provision of social assistance for the soldiers of the ATO (OUF), carrying out of complex activities by social work’s specialists, local and state Social Centers of Children, Family and Youth, Employment Centers, representatives of NGOs and charities take the special place in their recovery. It is clarified that among psychological mechanisms, which provide adequate mental condition of militaries in different conditions, the main role is related to mechanisms of compensation of mental functions, self-esteem and self-control. So, psychological aspects of rehabilitation of the soldiers of the ATO (OUF) are the most important and relevant. During the research was found that a prerequisite of rehabilitation process, which are oriented to overcoming the consequences and symptoms military operations of the soldiers, who take part in the ATO (OUF), is their individual needs. Organization and providing of complex (social, medical and psychological) rehabilitation provide the involvement of a multidisciplinary team, which consist of psychologists and social work’s specialists. They are based on purposeful using of innovative technologies, methods and forms of rehabilitation activity. Also, cooperation with a family and relatives of the soldiers, who take part in the ATO (OUF) is very important. It based on formation of positive attitude for the personality of the soldier and respect of their mission. It is proved that employees of the State Employment Service play the main role in social rehabilitation of the soldiers, who take part in the ATO (OUF). It is related with the fact that a military is not competitive enough at the Labor Market when he or she returns to the usual civil life. In the future, we advise making a deeply research of foreign experience how to implement technologies of social and pedagogical activity with members of the soldier’s family, who take part in the ATO (OUF).
2. Derzhavna sluzhba zaynyatosti Ukrayini. – Rezhim dostupu: https://www.dcz.gov.ua/analitics/68
3. Zakon Ukrayini «Pro sotsIalniy i pravoviy zahist viyskovosluzhbovtsIv ta chlenIv yih sImey». – Rezhim dostupu: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2011-12
4. Zakon Ukrayini «Pro status veteranIv vIyni, garantIyi yih sotsIalnogo zahistu». – Rezhim dostupu: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/3551-12
5. Litvinenko, L. I. (2015). Medico-psychological rehabilitation of servicemen and demobilized persons. Aktualni problemi psihologiyi. T. III : Konsultativna psihologiya i psihoterapiya: Zb. nauk. prats Institutu psihologiyi imeni G. S. Kostyuka NAPN Ukrayini, 11, 34–51.
6. Nakaz Ministerstva oboroni Ukrayini pro zatverdzhennya Polozhennya «Pro psihologichnu reabilitatsiyu viyskovosluzhbovtsiv Zbroynih Sil Ukrayini, yaki brali uchast v antiteroristichniy operatsiyi, pid chas vidnovlennya boezdatnosti viyskovih chastin (pidrozdiliv)» # 702 vid 09.12.2015. – Rezhim dostupu: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0237-16#n11
7. Nederzhavna gromadska organizatsiya «STUDENA». – Rezhim dostupu: https://studena.org/bez-broni/
8. Gerilo, G.M., Gnida, T.B., Kornienko, I.O., Lutsenko, Yu.A. (2018). Organization of social and psychological support for children, families affected by military conflicts. Kiyiv : UNMTs prak- tichnoyi psihologiyi i sotsialnoyi roboti.
9. Biliy, V. Ya, Boychak, M. P., Golik, L. A. (2001). TermInologIchniy slovnik-dovIdnik menedzhera ohoroni zdorov’ya. Kiyiv : Presa Ukrayini.
10. Ukaz Prezidenta Ukrayini «Pro dodatkovI zahodi schodo sotsialnogo zahistu uchasnikiv antiteroristichnoyi operatsiyi» (Iz zmInami, vnesenimi zgIdno z Ukazom Prezidenta # 570/2015 vid 05.10.2015. – Rezhim dostupu: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/150/2015
Abstract views: 21 PDF Downloads: 23