Media interaction with law enforcement agencies as a factor in promoting crime prevention in the information sphere
AbstractThe article considers the main aspects of cooperation between the media and law enforcement agencies of Ukraine in the prevention of crime in the information sphere. It has been noted that the current level of cooperation between law enforcement officials and media professionals in the prevention of crime in the information sphere cannot be described as high. The author’s definitions of interaction between law enforcement agencies and the media are presented, which means «a form of communication between the press services of law enforcement agencies and representatives of the media, by means of which they mutually complement each other and create conditions for the successful functioning of both sides». Attention is drawn to the shortcomings of this interaction, namely, the insufficient legal and regulatory framework, in particular with regard to the clear regulation of these relations; non-operational law enforcement agencies in disseminating information about their activities, incompetence of representatives of press services. Directions for improving the interaction of the law enforcement body with the media are proposed, namely: coverage of the activities of law enforcement agencies, in particular the progress of investigation of criminal offences committed in the information sphere; Accreditation of journalists to law enforcement agencies; Joint charitable actions; Joint issues of columns, joint television and radio programs; conducting «straight lines» and «direct ethers»; carrying out «round tables» on to problems of fight against crime in the information sphere, ensuring public and personal security of citizens; Holding meetings of police officers with editorial teams during which various aspects of the activities of law enforcement agencies, practice of application of laws, problems of police activities are considered. Current common problems of cooperation between law enforcement agencies and the media have been identified, such as: insufficient legal and regulatory framework, in particular, in terms of clear regulation of interaction between law enforcement agencies and the media; Organizational gaps in interaction with the media (there is no well-established practice of authorities responding to publications) insufficient access of journalists to the leadership of law enforcement agencies (it is almost impossible to obtain the necessary comment for the media urgently); non-operational law enforcement agencies in disseminating information about their events (comments on topical topics sometimes appear late in the press services). It is proposed to address the problem of inefficient cooperation between the above-mentioned agencies, such as: the conduct of appropriate exercises by representatives of law enforcement agencies, have been partially implemented, but only in the activities of one law enforcement agency – the police. This should be introduced in all law enforcement agencies. Measures have been proposed to improve the interaction of law enforcement agencies with the media, such as the creation and adoption of a legal and regulatory act that would regulate mutually beneficial provisions of the activities of law enforcement agencies and media workers in the prevention of crime, especially those committed in the information sphere; cooperation of law enforcement agencies it has to be carried out with those journalists who are understood in the sphere of law ̈ that minimizes cases of the wrong interpretation of legal terms and the events connected with it and also distortions of the corresponding facts. Recommendations on interaction with the media are presented, such as: openness and transparency of law enforcement agencies in a modern democratic society; The need to involve experts, both international and national; The need to engage society in discussions and influence on certain issues; Involving direct performers in communication with journalists; To increase their professionalism to journalists and the media.
2. Liashuk, O.N., Yatsyk, T.P. (2015). Mass media as a factor in promoting the implementation of international wanted persons: Monograph. Actual problems of the humanities. Volum 1. Vienna 2015, «East West» Association for Advanced Studies and Higher Education GmbH.
3. Bodunova, O.M. (2019). Teoretiko-pravovi zasadi viznachennya ponyattya zlochiniv u sferi informaciĭnih tehnologiĭ. Visnik Vishoyi kvalifikacijnoyi komisiyi suddiv Ukrayini, 3. S. 17-21.
4. Bernaz, V. D., Biryukov, V. V., Volobuyev, A.F. (2011). Kriminalistika: HNUVS.
5. Zvit pro robotu prokurora: oficijnij sajt Ofisu Generalnogo prokurora Ukrayini. URL: https://old.gp.gov.ua/ua/statinfo.html/.
6. Pro prokuraturu: zakon Ukrayini vid 14.10.2014 № 1697-VII. Baza danih «Zakonodavstvo Ukrayini»/ VR Ukrayini. URL: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1697-18 (data zvernennya 01.05.202020); Kriminalnij procesualnij kodeks Ukrayini: Zakon Ukrayini vid 13.04.2012 № 4651-VI. Baza danih «Zakonodavstvo Ukrayini» / VR Ukrayini URL: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show /4651%D0%B017/print1329932-924471646 (data zvernennya: 01.05.2020); Civilnij kodeks Ukrayini: Zakon vid 16 sichnya 2003 roku №435-IV: stanom na 01.05.2020 roku Baza danih «Zakonodavstvo Ukrayini» / VR Ukrayini URL: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/435-15; Rol prokuraturi v sistemi kriminalnogo pravosuddya: Rekomendaciya Komitetu Ministriv Rec (2000)19, uhvalena Komitetom ministriv Radi Yevropi 6 zhovtnya 2000 roku. URL: https://wcd.coe.int/ ViewDoc.jsp?id=1568277&Site=COE.
7. Andrijchuk, M. T., Andrijchuk, T. S. (2018). Vzayemodiya mas-media ta organiv derzhavnoyi vladi: navch. posib.; KPI im. Igorya Sikorskogo. Kiyiv: KPI im. Igorya Sikorskogo.
8. Yelcov, O. (2017). Osoblivosti vzayemodiï pravoohoronih organiv z media – poradi ta rekomendaciï: Osoblivosti vzayemodiï zasobiv masovoï informaciï z pravoohoronnimi organami: mizhnarodniĭ ta nacionalniĭ dosvid: materiali mizhnarodnogo kruglogo stolu (23 listopada 2016 roku). K.: Nacionalna akademiya proku-raturi Ukraïni.
9. Vlasyuk, V., Vlasyuk, V. (2017). Osoblivosti vzayemodiï zi ZMI na prikladi novoï patrulnoï policiï. Osoblivosti vzayemodiï zasobiv masovoï informaciï z pravoohoronnimi organami: mizhnarodniĭ ta nacionalniĭ dosvid: materiali mizhnarodnogo kruglogo stolu (23 listopada 2016 roku). K.: Nacionalna akademiya prokuraturi Ukraïni, 34-36.
10. Ukrayinska miliciya prodovzhuye navchatisya yakisno spivpracyuvati zi ZMI: oficijnij sajt Ministerstva vnutrishnih sprav Ukrayini, 17 veresnya 2013 roku. URL: http://mvs.gov.ua/mvs/control/main/uk/publish/article/888813%3Bjsessionid=E2F4765D22038CDC89E1334858CB516A.
11. Yacik, T.P. (2014). Osoblivosti informaciĭnogo terorizmu yak odnogo iz sposobiv informaciĭnoï viĭni. Naukoviĭ visnik Nacionalnogo universitetu derzhavnoï podatkovoï sluzhbi Ukraïni. Seriya «Ekonomika, pravo», 2. S. 55-60.
Abstract views: 2 PDF Downloads: 2