Morphofunctional parameters of bone marrow of mice under using of antihypertensive agent
AbstractDue to the increase in cardiovascular disease, it is urgent to research new more effective and safe drugs and their combinations. Candesartan cilexetil is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist. It is known that candesartan cilexetil has a number of side effects, affecting the antioxidant system. Therefore, we studied the natural antioxidant resveratrol to prevent the cytotoxic effect. Goal. To study the effect of candesartan cilexetil and resveratrol in different doses on the number of apoptotic and micronucleated cells and cell cycle parameters in mice. Methods. Male C57Bl/6 mice were used for the experiment. Animals were received intragastrically candesartan cilexetil and resveratrol in different doses for 7 weeks. Evaluation of the effects of substances on cytogenetic and cytokinetic parameters of bone marrow was conducted by flow cytometry. Results. It was found that candesartan cilexetil at 1.5 mg/kg dose was cytotoxic. Using candesartan with resveratrol was safer for cells of bone marrow. Natural resveratrol reduced in combination the adverse effects of candesartan cilexetil. Test complex of substances stimulated cell proliferation in bone marrow of mice. Conclusions. New combination of candesartan cilexetil and resveratrol increased proliferation of cells and was not cytotoxic.
2. De Rosa M.L., Chiariello, M. (2009). Candesartan improves maximal exercise capacity in hypertensives results of a randomized placebo-controlled crossover trial. J. Clin Hypertens, 11 (4): 192–200.
3. Adi Y. Berman, Rachel, A. Motechin, Maia Y. Wiesenfeld, Marina K. Holz. (2017). The therapeutic potential of resveratrol: a review of clinical trials. NPJ Precis Oncol, 1: 35.
4. Brisdelli F, D'Andrea G, Bozzi A. (2009). Resveratrol: a natural polyphenol with multiple chemopreventive properties. Curr Drug Metab. Jul, 10(6): 530-46.
5. Riba A., Deres L., Sumegi B., Toth K., Szabados E., Halmosi R. (2017). Cardioprotective effect of resveratrol in a postinfarction heart failure model. Oxid. Med. Cell. Longev, 6819281. doi: 10.1155/2017/6819281.
6. Zhigang Zhang, Li Gao, Yanyan Cheng, Jing Jiang, Yan Chen, Huijie Jiang, Hongxiang Yu, Anshan Shan, Baojing Cheng (2014). Resveratrol, a Natural Antioxidant, Has a Protective Effect on Liver Injury Induced by Inorganic Arsenic Exposure. BioMed Research International, Article ID 617202, 7 pages. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/617202.
7. R. Habriyev. (2005). Guide to experimental (preclinical) studying new pharmacological substances. Medicine, 832 p.
8. Naeshiro I., Sato K., Chatani F., Sato S. (1998). Possible mechanism for the anemia induced by candesartan cilexetil (TCV-116), an angiotensin II receptor antagonist, in rats. Europ J of Pharmacology, 354 (2/3): 179–187.
9. G. Mantzios, S. Damianidou, L. Foudoulaki-Paparizos, A. Travlou, D. Kalantzis (2006). A case of immune-mediated haemolytic anaemia probably associated to candesartan cilexetil/hydrochlorothiazide. Haema, 9 (4).
Abstract views: 23 PDF Downloads: 30