Theoretical and empirical analysis of emotional burnout of doctors
AbstractThe article offers a theoretical analysis and the results of an empirical study of the emotional burnout syndrome of doctors. Among other professions, the medical profession has the highest percentage of emotional burnout. The authors consider the concept of «emotional burnout» as physical, emotional exhaustion or psycho-emotional fatigue. It is determined that the emotional burnout syndrome develops against the background of the influence of socio-professional factors, is characterized by abnormal workload, features of communication and interaction with patients; accompanied by chronic occupational stress, emotional and physical exhaustion. It is established that the level of professional burnout in general among doctors in 5 groups of professional orientation is uneven. The component «emotional exhaustion» has the highest percentages in indicators. Signs of emotional burnout in doctors were feelings of physical fatigue, emotional exhaustion, low mood, psycho-emotional and personal tension, increased control. According to empirical data, the problem of burnout is quite acute, as more than 60% of respondents have high levels of components of emotional burnout. The component of «exhaustion» in doctors showed symptoms of «emotional economy», emotional (dosage of emotions in professional activities and family environment, lack of anxiety in the work process and increased anxiety towards family members) and personal detachment (complete or partial loss of interest in non-professional spheres of life, a sense of burden in communication with the subjects of the non-professional sphere). Doctors characterize emotional burnout as emotional and physical fatigue or exhaustion, depersonalization; reduction of personal motivation, and which is accompanied by excessive professional effort; reduction of personal self-esteem and positive emotional mood, feelings of depression, etc.
2. Dudnyk L. M., Tuz L. H. (2013) Osoblyvosti vyiavu syndromu emotsiinoho vyhorannia v likariv. Naukovyi chasopys NPU imeni M. P. Drahomanova. 40. 287-291 [in Ukrainian].
3. Vodopianova N. (2018). Psikhologiia upravliniia personalom. Psikhicheskoe vygoranie. Moskva: Iurait [in Russian].
4. Mishchenko M. S., Boiko V. V. (2015). Osoblyvosti doslidzhennia syndromu emotsiinoho vyhorannia za dopomohoiu metodyky «diahnostyka rivnia emotsiinoho vyhorannia. 103–105 s [in Ukrainian].
5. Canshokova M. (2014). Sindrom «emotsionalnogo vygoraniia» sredi vrachei razlichnykh spetsialnostei v Rossii i za rubezhom. https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/sindrom-emotsionalnogo-vygoraniya-sredi-vrachey-razlichnyh-spetsialnostey-v-rossii-i-za-rubezhom [in Russian].
6. Belous V. V., Belous T. M., Koloskova O. K. (2013). The syndrome of emotional burnout in pediatrician swho work at different levels of care : Bukovina Medical Journal V. 4(68). P. 79-82 [in Ukrainian].
7. Borysiuk. A. (2015). Aktualni pytannia suspilnykh nauk ta istorii medytsyny. № 4. 118-121 s [in Ukrainian].
8. Boiko V. (2004). Energiia emotsii. Sankt-Peterburg: Piter [in Russian].
Abstract views: 71 PDF Downloads: 60